Writing a Research Paper (The Writing Center at the University of Wisconsin-Madison)
"This page lists some of the stages involved in writing a library-based research paper.
Although this list suggests that there is a simple, linear process to writing such a paper, the actual process of writing a research paper is often a messy and recursive one, so please use this outline as a flexible guide.
1. Discovering, Narrowing, and Focusing a Researchable Topic
2. Finding, Selecting, and Reading Sources
3. Grouping, Sequencing, and Documenting Information
4. Writing an Outline and a Prospectus for Yourself
5. Writing the Introduction
6. Writing the Body
7. Writing the Conclusion
8. Revising the Final Draft"