According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics:
- "Database administrators (DBAs) use specialized software to store and organize data, such as financial information and customer shipping records. They make sure that data are available to users and are secure from unauthorized access."
- "Web developers design and create websites. They are responsible for the look of the site. They are also responsible for the site’s technical aspects, such as its performance and capacity, which are measures of a website’s speed and how much traffic the site can handle. In addition, web developers may create content for the site."
- "Computer networks are critical parts of almost every organization. Network and computer systems administrators are responsible for the day-to-day operation of these networks."
This guide is designed to support the research and learning needs of the information systems program. Here, you'll find resources for:
- selecting and evaluating sources
- constructing research questions
- search tips and strategies
- finding sources in Charger Search, databases, online sources, and statistics
- recommended citation and style guides
- contacting librarians for help
If you have suggestions for other resources, please let us know!