According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics:
- "Editors plan, review, and revise content for publication."
- "Writers and authors develop written content for advertisements, books, magazines, movie and television scripts, songs, blogs, or other types of media."
- "Reporters, correspondents, and broadcast news analysts inform the public about news and events happening internationally, nationally, and locally. They report the news for newspapers, magazines, websites, television, and radio."
- "Desktop publishers use computer software to design page layouts for newspapers, books, brochures, and other items that are printed or published online."
This guide is designed to support the research and learning needs of the mass communication program. Here, you'll find resources for:
- selecting and evaluating sources
- constructing research questions
- search tips and strategies
- finding sources in Charger Search, databases, online sources, and statistics
- recommended citation and style guides
- contacting librarians for help
If you have suggestions for other resources, please let us know!