According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics:
- "Administrative services managers plan, direct, and coordinate supportive services of an organization. Their specific responsibilities vary, but administrative service managers typically maintain facilities and supervise activities that include recordkeeping, mail distribution, and office upkeep."
- "Advertising, promotions, and marketing managers plan programs to generate interest in products or services. They work with art directors, sales agents, and financial staff members."
- "Purchasing managers plan, direct, and coordinate the buying of materials, products, or services for wholesalers, retailers, or organizations. They oversee the work of procurement-related occupations including buyers and purchasing agents."
- "Sales managers direct organizations' sales teams. They set sales goals, analyze data, and develop training programs for organizations’ sales representatives."
This guide is designed to support the research and learning needs of business administration and management programs. Here, you'll find resources for:
- selecting and evaluating sources
- constructing research questions
- search tips and strategies
- finding sources in Charger Search, databases, online sources, and statistics
- recommended citation and style guides
- contacting librarians for help
If you have suggestions for other resources, please let us know!